Sunday’s Child and Other Print Media Features
In 1976, MARE began its long-standing collaboration with the Boston Globe in publishing “Sunday’s Child®." This column features a child or sibling group each week in the Sunday edition. All children featured are legally free for adoption unless noted in the column (photo withheld).
In addition to this weekly column, MARE has child-specific features in the following publications:
- The Boston Globe hosts "Sunday’s Child®," a weekly recruitment column featured every Sunday in the Globe. Individual children and sibling groups are featured, both legally free and legal risk.
- The Boston Herald hosts "Today’s Child," a weekly recruitment column that runs each Sunday in the Herald. Individual children and sibling groups are featured, both legally free and legal risk. The column is coordinated by DCF Public Affairs, but MARE handles all inquiry calls.
- The Boston Parents’ Paper hosts a monthly recruitment feature of legally free children.
- The Daily Hampshire Gazette hosts a biweekly recruitment feature. A legally free child or sibling group is featured on the second and fourth Saturday of the month. The paper is distributed in Western Massachusetts.
- The Free Bird Times hosts a monthly recruitment column featuring legally free or legal risk children. The paper is distributed in Southeastern Massachusetts and on Cape Cod.
- The Taunton Daily Gazette hosts a monthly recruitment feature. A legally free child or sibling group is featured when space is available.
- The Worcester Telegram and Gazette hosts a monthly recruitment column. Only legally free children are featured in the column that is published the last Sunday of the month.
Newspapers in Spanish
- El Mundo is a Spanish newspaper in Boston which features articles about adoption and legally free children of Latino descent on a “space available” basis. www.elmundoboston.com
- El Pueblo Latino a weekly Spanish newspaper in Springfield which features legally free children of Latino descent.
- Rumbo is a bilingual paper in Lawrence, MA that hosts a biweekly column featuring legally free children of Latino descent. The column is printed in English and Spanish.
- Siglo 21 hosts a weekly column featuring legally free children of Latino descent. The column is printed in Spanish.
- El Planeta is a statewide Spanish paper that features articles about adoption and legally free children of Latino descent as space is available.
For more information on any children featured in these publications, please complete the Information Request Form or call MARE at 617-54-ADOPT (617-542-3678) or 1-800-882-1176.
|MARE - Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange, Inc. -
45 Franklin Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301
617-54-ADOPT (542-3678) – 1-800-882-1176 – Fax: 617-542-1006
NON DISCRIMINATION POLICY:
MARE welcomes and serves all constituents without regard to an individual’s actual or perceived race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental ability, veteran status, domestic partnership or marital status.
This policy also applies to employment practice, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, outside vendors, service clients, use of contractors and consultants, and dealings with the general public.
MARE is partially funded by the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families – DCF
Comments or Questions to: web@MAREinc.org – Copyright @ 2011 MARE, Inc. All rights reserved