How businesses and organizations can help
Getting your business or organization involved in supporting MARE not only helps to fund our services but also helps spread the word about adoption from foster care!
- Sponsor the Jordan’s Furniture Walk/Run for Adoption benefiting MARE to bring your business or organization to the attention of hundreds of participating families, or form a team to participate.
- Offer a matching gift program, host a giving drive, or allow employees to pay to wear jeans for a day.
- Make it easy for employees to donate by implementing a payroll-deduction giving program.
- Hold a bake sale, a dance-a-thon, or a healthy eating challenge with proceeds going to MARE.
- Mobilize your network, office, club, or congregation in support of permanency for children and teens in foster care.
- Create your own fundraisers to benefit MARE. Be innovative! We are here to help you brainstorm.
With questions about Ways to Help, please contact Danielle Conti.
- Does your organization offer a large public display space? Consider displaying the Heart Gallery; beautiful portraits of children waiting to be adopted, in digital or print form. The display raises awareness about adoption from foster care and provides the opportunity for the photos to be seen by someone who would love to learn about foster care adoption. Learn more here.
- Host a Lunch and Learn adoption information session with MARE staff, where your employees or members can find out about adopting from foster care in a low-key, casual setting.
- Invite the MARE Speakers’ Bureau (staff and experienced adoptive families) to talk to your group, house of worship, or service organization.