How does MARE support families?
MARE is here for you throughout the adoption journey, from responding to your initial inquiry to connecting you with supports through the legalization of your adoption. The most successful adoptive families are often those who seek outside resources to support them on this journey. MARE assists and supports by:
- Providing individualized follow-up with all families who inquire about adoption from foster care, personal consultation via phone to those who desire it, and referrals for families to DCF and other agencies in their area for adoption licensure;
- Registering the home studies of licensed Massachusetts families and supporting the efforts by social workers to identify children and families across the state as potential matches; If you are a Massachusetts family with a current, approved home study for foster care adoption, you can submit your home study for verification, allowing you access to an additional pool of waiting children who have not yet been legally freed. Email your home study to Ricardo L. Franco: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Providing education on topics of interest to prospective families via webinars, panels, newsletters and recommended reading;
- Hosting networking events for families at varying stages in the adoption process to connect with other families and professionals;
- Connecting families with providers of post-placement and post-adoption services;
- Working with experienced adoptive families to help spread the word about adoption from foster care;
- Pairing experienced mentor families with families in process for support and mentorship through the Friend of the Family Program.