How does MARE support families?
MARE is here for you throughout your adoption journey, from making that first phone call to connecting you with supports through legalization. The most successful adoptive families are often those that seek outside resources to support them on this journey. MARE assists and supports by:
- Staffing an information and referral helpline during business hours to answer any concerns or questions families might have throughout the process (617-964-6273)
- Providing individualized follow up with all families who inquire about adoption from foster care, and referring families to agencies in their area
- Providing personalized matching to identify children across the state as potential matches for families with registered homestudies. If you are a New England or New York family with a current, approved homestudy for foster care adoption, you can submit your homestudy and family profile for verification, allowing you access to an additional pool of waiting children who have not yet been legally freed. To submit your homestudy for verification, update your My Account page and follow instructions to upload your homestudy.
- Providing education on topics of interest to prospective families via webinars, panels, social media, newsletters, and recommended reading for children and adults.
- Hosting networking events for families at varying stages in the adoption process to connect with other families and professionals
- Connecting families with providers of post-placement and post-adoption services
- Working with experienced adoptive families to help spread the word about adoption from foster care