How MARE can help you
MARE is here to support DCF and contracted agency social workers in Massachusetts who are working with waiting children and prospective adoptive families. Regular communication is essential to these collaborative relationships, so please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions about our services.
Do you work with children and teens waiting for adoption?
MARE has five Child Services Coordinators (CSC) who are assigned to offices/agencies by geographic region. Each CSC is responsible for coordinating recruitment services for the waiting children in their regions. Child recruitment services include:
- Producing Waiting Child Profiles to be shared on the MARE Website and AdoptUsKids.org (if appropriate)
- Pre-screening potential family matches and suggesting appropriate homestudies
- Coordinating Adoption Meet & Greets and Matching Events
- Profiling children in print media statewide
- Profiling children on Wednesday's Child television features
- Profiling children in the Heart Gallery Photographic Exhibit
- Coordinating Video Snapshot Production
- File Mining
- Child Specific Targeted Recruitment
- Wendy's Wonderful Kids Recruitment Program
The current Child Services Coordinators are:
- Maurine Albano – Western Region
- Kristina Russell - Central Region
- Emily Ramondetta – Northern Region
- Janet Labadie-Kelley - Boston Region and Contracted Agencies
- Chelsea Hartman - Southern Region
Do you work with prospective adoptive families?
By registering homestudies of waiting families, they can be considered for a broader pool of prospective child matches and be included in smaller, targeted matching events for approved families. Additionally, MARE offers an array supports to prospective families, such as the Friend of the Family mentor program, trainings and networking events and connections to resources in the community.
With questions about MARE's Family Support Services and registering families, contact Ricardo Franco.