Register a child
The first step in utilizing any of MARE's child recruitment opportunities is to register the child with MARE. It is required that any child with a goal of adoption and no permanent resource identified be registered for recruitment within 60 days of goal change.
- Register a child by completing all information requested in order to best recruit for the specific child. A copy of the completed form will be emailed to you for your records.
- Submit a close-up photo of the child. Photos must be in .JPG format and can be uploaded or emailed to your MARE Child Services Coordinator. Photos are required for children at legal risk as well as those who are legally freed for adoption.
- For sibling groups, register each child separately and submit a group photo.
Once a child is registered with MARE and all required information has been submitted:
- Within three business days the child will be featured on the Waiting Child Profiles page on the MARE website. Profiles of legally freed children will be accessible to all website visitors. Children at legal risk will only be viewable by verified homestudied families in New England/New York and Massachusetts social workers. If appropriate for national recruitment, children may also be featured on the AdoptUsKids.org website with the consent of their worker.
- The child's needs will be compared with the preferences and skills of homestudied families registered with MARE. If potential matches are identified, MARE fowards the family's homestudy directly to the child's adoption and recruitment workers.
- When a family inquires about a particular child, a MARE staff person will provide preliminary screening to verify the appropriateness of the inquiry. MARE will then notify the child's workers of the family's interest and the workers can access the family's homestudy when available. It is the responsibility of the interested family to follow up with the child's workers, however we encourage workers to be proactive in initiating contact with families.
- The MARE Child Services Coordinator will be in contact with the child's worker to explore the appropriateness of additional child recruitment opportunities such as the Heart Gallery, Wednesday's Child, or Video Snapshots.
- Children must be registered to be eligible to participate in adoption parties and matching events.
Only social workers can register children. If you're a social worker, either log in or create an account